Data collected from January 2021 - December 2021
I participated in:
On which social media outlets are you most active?
Where did you first hear of Buckham Gallery?
- The quality of the shows and work that is exhibited there
- Theme of exhibition and qualifications/reputtaiton Juror, Anne Harris
- Gallery space
- Juried and curated by a published art historian, catalogue, not a focus on sales but on the exhibition as a whole
- I was honored to be included in a major national painting exhibition juried by John Seed. Buckham Gallery presented a first class on-site installation of the work at the gallery during a time where they were also dealing with a major covid pandemic. Throughout the process, I was treated very professionally by the gallery and everyone involved. Very Professional. Thank You! The show was beautiful.
- It's personal and cutting edge approach to art.
- Interesting space and the theme of the show appealed to me (disrupted realism).
- Notable juror, inexpensive application fees
- Location, and the other artists they show there.
- The calibre of the work shown
- Exhibiting contemporary work in a professional manner
- Opportunity for a solo exhibition at a well respected venue that shows strong work.
- Dealing with Buckham Gallery is a pleasure. Michele Leclaire was conscientious, responsive, and reassuring. Her hands on commitment and warmth made me, despite my distance, feel wonderfully connected to the exhibit.
- It's a beautiful gallery space and exhibits great artwork.
- Its history and connection to community.
- Prominent Juror
- The fact that it is a Michigan gallery that is participating in juried exhibitions
- The aesthetic
- Location, images of gallery
Would you submit an entry to Buckham Gallery again?
In regards to the previous question, why or why not?
- Buckham Gallery has a fine reputation and following
- Great show great juror fair price to enter
- I felt my work was displayed nicely within the context of the show. Also, I was able to see photos of the entire show in the gallery and the Zoom presentation with the juror, which made me feel like I was participating despite the distance. Some long distance group shows do not offer these things and the artist is left without evidence that their work was even on the wall.
- It’s a beautiful space clearly building a presence and reputation
- Buckham Gallery is a very kool venue. As noted above, very professional and serious minded about showing exciting work.
- It's always a challenging way to make me grow as an artist.
- I thought the staff was extremely helpful and the space looked great
- It cost me a fortune to ship a large painting to the show. I might submit a small piece, but unless Buckham helps out with the costs I won't enter a large piece again.
- Everything was very professional. Loved the artists I was paired with. Wish I could be there in person.
- For the reasons described above.
- It depends on my ability to create new work in the near future.
- Very professional
- Had a great experience and Michele is lovely
- The distance. It would have to be something I can mail.
- Great staff
Please rate your experience with Buckham Gallery
(Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor)
Do you have any comments or feedback on your experience with Buckham Gallery that you would like to share?
- It was a pleasure to deal with Michele Leclaire when our work was being exhibited
- Thank You for everything.
- I hope to show there again it was an honor!
- Professional in every way. Their mission, to enable the presentation of a broad range of innovative, contemporary art, is a vital one.
- It's a great gallery and operates smoothly
- Perhaps invite guest curators? Develop more internships? Small gift shop? Rent space for events? Invest in more professional video/audio production for artist conversations? Otherwise not sure. It is a gem for Flint.
- My experience was overall positive given everything the gallery could control. I really enjoyed everyone.
Please rate Buckham Gallery's communication
(Excellent, Good, Fair, Poor)
Do you have any comments or feedback about Buckham Gallery's communication that you would like to share?
- Accommodated my shipping dilemma - thank you.
- Michele was always very quick to respond and communicated very well over email answering any question I may of had.
- I appreciated the promotional work done for the show.
- Michele is awesome.
- I appreciated the ongoing feedback, beautiful and informative catalog, insights and background shared during the youtube conversation with curator and prize winning artists as well as the webinar focused on the concept governing the exhibit.
- Nope. Buckham is clear and concise.
Do you have any other comments or feedback or suggestions that you would like to share?
- Good communication
- Thank you again! The space was great.
- I was disappointed in the quality of my image in the exhibition catalogue, which appeared very dull and not at all representative of the color in the work. I would have appreciated better quality control (calibration) with respect to the printing of the catalogue.